Website Categories

Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happiness

With a blue sky and fluffy clouds I set out on an adventure. Not a physical challenge but a mental one. A walk in the woods. Savoring the sounds I had not taken the time to hear in many years. Sticks crackling under my feet as I maneuvered through the brier bushes. I found some great berry picking spots to return to. I looked for wild mushrooms. The smell of the leaves and bark reminded me of them. I remember my Mom frying them in a wrought iron skillet as a little girl. No mushrooms today. I found wild flowers instead and...happiness. Chasing butterflies with Gabriel. His little face full of joy as he reached for the fluttering wings. His laughter and joy made my heart smile more than it has for a very long time. Happy is a very good place to be.Photobucket

No comments: