Website Categories

Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!

I wanted to share a picture of the cookies I baked last night. Peanut butter chocolate chip and a cookie I named Brandy Coconut Pecan Clusters. They are deelicious! The clusters were invented using a recipe called Aloha Chippers. I did not have macadamia nuts, white chips, or rum so I made my own version. Below is the recipe if you want to try them.

1/2 cup Blue Bonnet butter
2/3 cups of sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon of brandy or water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of flaked coconut
1 cupBulleted List of pecans left whole
Set oven to 375°. Ungreased cookie sheets. Cream butter, sugars, egg, brandy, vanilla, baking soda,and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in flour until dough is smooth and stiff. Stir in chips, coconut and pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Do not over bake. 8-10 minutes is about all the time they need until the centers are firm.
These cookies taste so much better the day after. Cooled out of the oven they reminded me of a granola bar, not too sweet. But this morning with coffee they were just perfect. Still not so sweet but I could taste the flavors much more.

No comments: