Website Categories

Followers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Faux Rusty Metal Frame Collage



  What do you think the frame is made out of?  Plastic bubble mailer.   I cut it with pinking sheers and painted with copper, burnt umber, cobalt blue and green acrylics.  Sandwiched the dried painted mailer with a vintage photo and backing(scrap of scrap booking paper.  Then sewed together for stability.  With a heat tool I began to melt away the mailer for a weathered rusty look of metal.  Turned out to be a lopsided heart shape.  Later I added melted silk flowers and leaves that I also heated with the heat tool until they began to shrivel.  Embellished with old buttons and lace.  Stained with walnut stain.  Pretty cool huh?  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have sharing it with you.  Art On!

Here is a great place to find inspiration.  http://artandimagesbykim.ning.com/

2 comments:

LyndaG said...

Jean, it's beautiful. I wish I could see more detail. What part is the mailing envelope. Is it the larger light colored rectangle or the darker, smaller frame. I cant imagine melting silk flowers but the effect is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Artyfax said...

Jean, this is stunning! Would love to see some wip images if you do another, or even a tutorial, LOL.