Website Categories

Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Altered Spool ~me and you~

Here is a neat idea I came across not to long ago and it has taken me a while to finally put it together.  Altering a spool into a mini album. I loved the idea of incorporating a vintage wooden thread spool in this project because I collect vintage sewing notions.  I used some interesting elements in this album from my personal ephemera stash.

Bits and pieces torn from a vintage 1940's dance card.  Old photos taken from a group picture.  Vintage embossed card, old dress zipper, and a small old envelope.  I also added mulberry flowers, tatting, and rick rack.  The red buttons are from my mountainous stash of sewing buttons new and old.

The spool is distressed with ink as well as the edges of the album.  It was a little tricky to attach everything so I stitched some pieces together and glued others.  The zipper can be opened to stick a little sentiment or money inside.  These spool albums would make great little memory albums for graduation, mothers day, valentines day, or weddings.

They are great fun and can be personalized any way you want! 

No comments: