Website Categories

Followers

Monday, December 27, 2010

It is the end of twently ten

I guess this is it folks.  Just a few more days until 2010 is a memory.  Wow!  Time goes so fast! 

I bought the year end Somerset Gallery edition and was in awe at the variety of mixed media projects.  Thinking back to the last year I can not envision not having my art challenges and paper to keep me motivated.  I have been one full year plus with PDA.  Honored with moderator status for two groups.  I moderate both the altered puzzle group and tag group.  I also participate in about half a dozen other groups and challenges on PDA.

I remember one of my first ATCs was a drawn image, some stickers, and an image of a little girl.  Even though it was one of the more simple attempts at ATC art it holds special meaning even today.
 
Now I have graduated to postcards, altered puzzle pieces, skinnys, row houses and altered journals.  My art has changed and I feel more comfortable calling myself a self taught mixed media artist.   But I see so many more places I want to be with my art. I am really looking forward to 2011!

My art mentor and teacher calls me Jean machine.  I usually take an idea and run with it.  That's me! I have tunnel vision until I try a new technique and master it.

My greatest challenge going into 2011 is organizing my craft studio.  I may be well into the new year before that is finished.

My second challenge is to learn more about using everyday items in my mixed media projects.  I want to have a more imaginative eye for what is art.  I am still working on my own original idea.

Lastly, I want to be published.  Ultimate Kudos would be having my art grace the pages of Somerset Studio.

I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Jim Tabor said...

nice post I hope 2011 is a great year for your art