Website Categories

Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Summer Nights Hankerchief Box

My friend Kim always sends me the most thoughtful gifts  She keeps a box open for me and throws things in she knows I love. 

In one of her recent goodie boxes was a neat cigar box that appeared to be made from Balsa wood.  (duh never took a before pic).

This is my first attempt at altering a box.  I painted it white with gesso then black with acrylic paint.  I then used silver rub and buff along the edges.  Then a vintage doily and mica flakes.  I added a little clasp and Here it Is!

Now the focal image  is a collage of paper,  tea stained paper doily (also from one of Kim's boxes) and melted Tyvek.  If you would like to know how to create collages with melted Tyvek check out my Squidoo lens HERE.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have sharing it with you!

P.S. Focal image from Kim.

3 comments:

Robin said...

This looks marvelous Jean! Love the textures and colors. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Robin

angelandspot said...

So Beautiful!

WendyK said...

Just love your vintage art Jean, great embellishments on this one.